Currently I am tracking those open issues with various software applications / online services. If you have any useful hints on any of those issues, I am very happy to listen:
Had some issues during the last months. Since 3.0.15 things seem to finally have improved a lot… currently on 3.0.28.
- See releases for newer versions
For whatever reason sometimes files get duplicated locally. Other than that most problems seem to have been fixed.
Would be nice
Community requests I am currently following:
- Drag & drop support
- Add more pre-defined item types
- Public development roadmap request
- Unsharing an organization item https://community.bitwarden.com/t/add-unshare-option/604
Acer Swift 5 (2019, SF514-54GT)
Currently has some hardware support issues in Ubuntu:
- Internal microphone array is not working
Workaround for this time is plugging in an external mic. Very confident that this will be fixed in the future.
- this seems to be related: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=201251
- Fingerprint reader is not working
Would be nice, but don’t really care that much.
Unusable right now
Has a very strange philosophy concerning privacy & security for family accounts. Tried it and loved it but will only subscribe if the following issue is solved appropriately
- See open issue on Deezer community board
Looking forward to the day where we can switch our Family account to Deezer. I really like the service. Sadly resolving the issue is not a priority for the Deezer team.
- Sadly also no native Linux client in sight
The Linux client is not so bad. There are alternatives available in Ubuntu (e.g. Deezer via flatpak).
Sharing a single set of credentials between all family members sadly is a no-go for me. At the moment we stick with Spotify.
Insists of putting a visible directory right in your home folder on Ubuntu.
- See open issue on snapd github
Please take a look at comment #11 where even Mark Shuttleworth suggested to switch at least to a hidden “.snap” directory (2017-02-27). Unbelievably after almost 4 years developers still don’t assign their bug with the most heat by far any significance.
Best workaround for me currently is to uninstall snap completely. Sadly Ubuntu is distributing more and more applications via Snap by default. I hope the issue is resolved before I have to switch to another distribution.
In general does not support Ext4 filesystem (only on rooted phones), Encfs is supported via third party apps only
Does not support Encryption (Encfs)
See open issue in Chrome OS bug tracker
Sigma Rox 12.0 Sport
- It would be very nice if the audible boot and power down beep could be disabled.
- Adding a day/night display mode quick toggle to the quick access (swipe down) menu would be useful.